Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Southwest Fox 2018

Once again, Southwest Fox 2018 exceeded all of my expectations. Everyone seemed really excited about the sessions and being back to meet old and new friends. I met a couple of people who I only knew online so it was nice finally meeting them in person. And of course there’s nothing like hanging out with old friends, some of whom I’ve known for more than 20 years.

I almost lost my voice before the start of one of my sessions but fortunately Christof Wollenhaupt gave me a package of Fisherman’s Friend, which those in attendance can attest worked quickly and amazingly well. I’m taking Christof’s suggestion and keeping some in my backpack from now on just in case.

Congratulations to the 2018 VFPX Administrators Award winner Tore Bleken for all of the work he did on documentation for Thor, IntelliSenseX, and Win32API.

We announced dates for next year's conference already: October 24 - 27, 2019. I hope to see you in Phoenix next year!

Update: the keynote presentation can now be viewed online.

No comments: