Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Southwest Fox 2012 Speakers and Sessions Announced

Speakers and sessions for Southwest Fox 2012 have been announced. We’re glad to welcome back a couple of speakers who haven’t been to Southwest Fox in a long time: Rod Paddock and Kevin McNeish. And of course Cathy Knight, Kevin Cully, and Rick Strahl, who didn’t speak at the conference last year.

I saw Kevin McNeish’s iPhone/iPad app development track in Germany last year and these sessions are so good, we specifically asked Kevin to do a full-day of training at Southwest Fox this year. If you’re interested in iOS development, register before July 1 so you get half of the day for free!

Some of the sessions I’m personally looking forward to are:

  • Rod’s jQuery session. I’ve heard really good things about it from folks who’ve seen it.
  • Steve’s HTML5 session (notice I didn’t specify “Bodnar”; after having three Steves last year, we only have one this year). I haven’t had a chance to play with the new things in HTML 5 so this will be a good intro.
  • Rick Borup’s Advanced Mercurial session (to make up for the missing Steves, we have three Ricks). Last year, Rick did a killer intro session on Mercurial, so I’m looking forward to moving to the next level.
  • Tuvia’s licensing session. Licensing and updates are key components in Stonefield Query, so I’d like to compare Tuvia’s approach to ours.
  • Christof’s unit testing session. Christof is a speaker’s speaker: he’s the one all speakers attend because his sessions are always so thought-provoking. Also, I’ve really gotten into unit testing in the past year, so I’d like to see his approach.

I’m very excited by this year’s lineup and think you will be too. Registration opens in a couple of weeks with a new online registration site. See you in October!

No comments: