Are you a Web Connection Developer looking for an opportunity to expand your skill set and hobnob with other Web Connection experts? Then look no further than this year's Web Connection User Conference at the SanTan Elegante Conference & Reception Center and Legado Hotel, just prior to the Southwest Fox conference there.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Speakers and sessions for Southwest Fox 2011 have been announced. Continuing our tradition of trying to invite new speakers every year, this year we are pleased to have Steve Bodnar, Kevin Ragsdale, and Tuvia Vinitsky present at SWFox. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and speaking with both Steve and Kevin for a long time, and look forward to their sessions. We are even supplying Kevin with a set of Depends so he can continue his presentation regardless of any emergency that should arise.
Once again, the organizers had a very tough time selecting from the excellent submissions. Some sessions I’m personally looking forward to are:
- Steve Bodnar’s jQuery session. Although I saw Steve present a similar session earlier this year, his infectious enthusiasm for jQuery makes it well worth seeing again.
- Rick Borup’s Mercurial session. We just started using Mercurial here at Stonefield after seeing a session Alan Stevens did on it earlier this year, so we have a lot to learn and Rick is a master at sessions like this.
- Steve Ellenoff’s smartphone pre-con session. Steve presented what was for me the coolest session at SWFox last year, and this session sounds like a killer topic.
- Eric Selje’s mobile device session. Not only does this session sound cool, its title is one of my favorite Sweet songs, so you gotta like that.
- Kevin Ragsdale’s user interface session. If you’ve seen my sessions at SWFox the past few years, you know that UI is very important topic to me, so I’m really looking forward to Kevin’s take on this. Plus Kevin is a really fun guy so his session is sure to entertain.
- Christof Wollenhaupt’s Googlefy session. Christof is a speaker’s speaker: he’s the one all speakers attend because his sessions are always so thought-provoking.
I’m very excited by this year’s lineup and think you will be too. Registration opens June 1. See you in October!